Michael Butler, MD
Address120 E. 2nd St., 4th Floor Erie, PA 16507
Clinical Assistant Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education and Training
MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT - 1990
BS, Brown University, Providence, RI - 1984
Surgical Internship, Medical Center Hospital of Vermont, Burlington, VT - 1990-1991
Surgical Residency, Medical Center Hospital of Vermont, Burlington, VT - 1991-1995
Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery Fellowship, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA - 1995-1997
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
John Davis Society
American Medical Association
Pennsylvania Medical Society
STS - Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Surgical Residency Teaching Award - 1993
James E. Demeules Surgical Research Prize - 1st Place - 1990
Student Award for Presentation given at Eastern Section, American Federation for Clinical Research Meeting, New York - 1986
- Kenneth G. Warner, Michael D. Butler, Shukri F. Khuri. Letter to the Editor, comments on "The Relationship of High Energy Phosphates, Tissue pH and Regional Blood Flow to Diastolic Distensibility in the Ischemic Dog Myocardium." December 1986, 59 (6):712-3.
- Kenneth G. Warner, M.D., Miguel Josa, MD., William Martson, B.S., Michael D. Butler, B.S., Peter C. Gherardi, B.s., Samar N. Assousa, B.S., A. Clint Cavanaugh, B.D., Heather Hunt, B.D., and Shukri F. Khuri, M.D. "Reduction in Myocardial Acidosis Using Blood Cardioplegia." Journal of Surgical Research. March 1987, 42(3):247-56
- Kenneth G. Warner, M.D., Shukri F. Khuri, MD., Robert A. KJoner, M.D., PbD, Miguel Tosa, M.D., Karen M Dalecki-Chipperfield, B.D., Michael D. Butler, B.D., Samar N. Assousa, B.D., Seok S. Lee, M.D., Ernest M. Barsamian, M.D., and Marcel Seiler, M.D. "Structural and Metacolic Correlates of Cell Injury in the Hypertrophied Myocardium During Valve Replacement." Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. May 1987, 93(5):741-54.
- Kenneth G. Warner, MD., Miguel Josa, M.D., Michael D. Butler, B.D., Peter C. Gherardi, B.S., Samar N. Assousa, B.D., Assad J. Saad, M.D. Samar Siouffi, MD., Ernest M. Barsamian, M.D., and Shukri F. Khuri, M.D. "Regional Changes in Myocardial Acid Production During Ischemia Arrest: A Comparison of Sanguineous and Asanguineous Cardioplegia". Annals ofThoracic Surgery. Jan. 1988, 45(1):75-81.
- Shukri F. Khuri, M.D., Kenneth G. Warner, M.D., Miguel Josa, M.D., Michael D. Butler, B.S., Amy Hayes, B.D., Robert Himson, B.D., Samar Siouffi, M.D., and Ernest M. Barsamian, M.D. "The superiority of Continuous Cold Blood Cardioplegia in the Metabolic Protection of the Hypertrophied Human Heart". Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. Marcyh 1988, 95(3):442-54.
- Kenneth G. Warner, M.D., Geoff Durham-Smith, M.D., Michael D. Butler, B.S., Christopher E. Attinger, M.D., Joseph Upton, M.D., and Shukri F. Khuri, M.D. "Comparative Response of Muscle and Subcutaneous Tissue pH During Arterial and Venous Occlusion in Musculocutaneous Flaps. Annals of Plastic Surgery. Feb 1989, 22(2):108-116.
- Kenneth G. Warner, M.D., Shukri F. Khuri, M.D., William Marston, B.S., Salish Sharma, M.D., Michael D. Butler, B.S., Samar N. Assousa, B.S., Assad J. Saad, M.D., Samar Y. Siouffi, M.D., a,nd Phillip Lavin, M.D. «Significance of Transmural Diminution in Regional Hydrogen Ion Production After Repeated Coronary Artery Occlusions." Circulation Research. March 1989, 64(3):616-628.
- Michael Butler, M.D., Frank Biscardi, M.D., Denise Schain, M.D., John Humphries, M.D., Osbert Blow, M.D. Ph.D., Williaro Spotnitz, M.D. "Pulmonary Resection for Treatment of Cavitary Pulmonary Infarction". Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1997,63:849-50