Photodynamic Therapy Registry
Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) Oncology Registry
Purpose of Study
The data elements for the PDT Registry project include virtually all the elements in the standard hospital-based cancer registry record, although in some cases at a finer level of detail. All data points should be found in the participant's medical record. The principal difference between the PDT Registry data set and that collected by the registries is the inclusion of more information specific to PDT.
Sponsor: Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
Principal Investigator: James D. Luketich, MD
James Luketich, MD
Julie Ward, RN,BSN
- 18 years of age or older, male or female, diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing or has undergone Photodynamic Therapy (PDT).
- Patients must have undergone PDT with Photofrin® at a participating institution.
- Patients scheduled to undergo PDT with Photofrin®
- Cancer patients receiving some or all primary care (e.g.,cancer-directed surgery, systemic therapy, radiation therapy, palliative care)in the participating institution.
- Cancer patients with a history of any type of cancer who have had no evidence of disease(for five years but without a history of distant metastases or evidence of relapse if they meet the previous criteria).
- Cancer patients who present to the participating institution with a diagnosis of a simultaneous second primary.
- Cancer patients receiving all primary cancer care (e.g., cancer-directed surgery, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy, palliative care) outside of participating institution.
- Patients treated with photosensitizers other than Photofrin®
For more information, visit the ClinicalTrials.gov link.